View Single Post
Old 23 November 2020, 11:57 AM   #52
Bearxj86
"TRF" Member

Watch: 3970
Turn the bezel and use the bracelet. Rolex is much better objectively in terms of fit and finish and feel on the wrist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRabbit View Post
I don’t care when people say one is objectively better than the other. It’s purely preference for the differences between the two.

I literally just sold my 4 month old blue dial SMP 300 diver and purchased a 116610LN sub date a couple weeks ago. I’ve come to the opinion there is no difference in overall quality whatsoever. The much higher price is solely due to way higher Rolex demand that doesn’t really have to do with quality, but more just from Rolex brand awareness.

The higher price doesn’t really bring any extra quality to the sub vs SMP. I sold the SMP a couple weeks after buying the sub. So I was able to hold them both in my hands right next to each other, and I couldn’t for the life of me notice any extra ‘quality’ in the sub.

I’m sticking with the Sub just because I like the design more and don’t like the HE valve on the SMP, etc. But, I’m sticking with the Sub just because of my preferences, not because I found the sub to be of any higher quality.

Edit: Concerning accuracy, my SMP was +2spd. So that’s just luck of the draw rather than all SMPs running up to +5spd. Compare that with my DJ41 I bought months back and had to send in for warranty within the first month of ownership due to it running -7spd.
Bearxj86 is offline   Reply With Quote