View Single Post
Old 1 January 2020, 09:49 PM   #27
bezler
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by freefly View Post
Well, as someone who deals with PS for a living, I suppose I would defer to your evaluation.

However, it looks very, very similar to the countless scams using "post-it note" PS jobs that have started to plague the watch forums and eBay. The early ones were very easy to spot, but the scammers have gotten a lot more PS savvy over the last couple years, and have improved their skills, which include shading/shadows, layer integration, configuring tools to render/flatten/equalize images and/or soften "paste" layers to look natural. They have also gotten very good at PS-ing the hands to reflect a specific time that a prospective buyer might request. All of the above has been confirmed by seeing/finding several of the original "host" images that scammers have used for their "work".

On this particular image, the shadow of the crown/pushers appears to have perspective and contrast issues. The "seem" in the alligator pattern between the lower lugs/bracelet and the post-it appears out of place, and doesn't follow the lighting pattern. Also, the shadow at the very bottom of the post-it note appears to have a complete lack of "spill" onto the leather that it is sitting on.
Thanks for this great post. I looked at all the details you mentioned, and damn, you're right on every one. I never would have spotted this, but now I've learned that it's all possible with a little focus and determination.

Thanks for teaching us to be sharper observers!

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk