View Single Post
Old 22 December 2017, 02:32 AM   #166
cornerstore
"TRF" Member

Reading through this thread two things seem to stand out. First, many TRF members of long standing have no idea what and how pledge membership works. I suggest to those members you donate to see the mechanics and support the site you seem eager to use when you have issues or want to purchase something. Second, talk of closing classifieds, that is illogical. The site has hundreds if not thousands of successful and smooth transactions. Why close it and then send Members to potentially more problematic transactions elsewhere. This is not ebay or Amazon and you need to conduct yourself accordingly. Best way to protect yourself is be more engaged with the site, educate yourself before you attempt to buy an expensive item on line. Nothing on line is ever 100% safe but there are ways to minimize your risks. OP, I feel your pain, as a buyer I have been scammed on two occasions and hopefully I learned from it. It does not stop me from dealing with people, just more cautious going forward. I sincerely hope it works out for you OP.

Two times scammed : once on Ebay and the other I posted in the wtb section with my email( big mistake) for folded links. On a positive note I did get a notice the money spent on the links will be partially coming back to me as per a class action lawsuit against Western Union. Every one of the dozen or so transactions I have had on the buy or sell here have been flawless. Wire transfers if done properly gives both parties security and ease of tracking if deal goes south.
cornerstore is online now   Reply With Quote