View Single Post
Old 29 October 2020, 01:40 AM   #24
DonRickles
Banned

Watch: Your mouth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules1975 View Post
Yes, he's history..... although it was never proven, so part of me would like closure on that, as opposed to us thinking the worst of someone who might be innocent (long shot!)

No, it didnt pay off well.... he's since bought a Rolex Oyster Perpetual Cosmograph Daytona, but its not a Kermit. He could have bought another Kermit for the price he paid for the Daytona, but I think it was too raw. That said - if he did get it back he'd love it, and keep it locked in the safe!!

p.s - your grandma was right!

I've always said, without 100% proof, never make an accusation....

My house,while under restoration, many years ago was burglarized. I know who it was, not a friend but my old next door neighbor. I am 100% positive it was him, as he was pulling away from the site way too early one morning. At the time I didn't realize, he had filled his van with so many antiques, hardware and collectibles from the old house. Every time I look at the closet doors with missing antique hardware, I'm reminded of the theft......Too many years have gone by now, heck it took me years to just figure it out. Nothing now I can do but let it go.....If I ever ran into this chump I'm not sure what I'd do.....

Again, best of luck and congrats on the Rolexes!!!
DonRickles is offline   Reply With Quote