View Single Post
Old 11 November 2019, 03:41 PM   #46
chloebear
Banned

Watch: Explorer
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchu View Post
Why collect a Seiko/Grand Seiko... because the brand is a very unique entity/manufacturer with a very rabid following and seiko has a different design ethstetic that is based in the Japanese design ideology.

State of the art fully regulated quartz, proprietary electro-mechanical 'Spring Drive', beautifully finished display cased '9s' 28.8 bpm automatics and a really wonderful hi-beat... there are many to choose from at relatively affordable pricing.

And then there is the finishing... all hand built/assembled and all hand finished to an extremely high level.

Expect some depreciation unless you buy used... and I attribute that to the fact they they make to many offerings (not to many watches).

The three eight seven is a very nice choice if you can live with titainium... and these spring drive Ti's are VERY lite. That model comes on the market more often than the 500 pieces would suggest, but those who list them are steadfast in what they want for them.

The best deal in Grand Seiko for me personally is the SBGM231... this gmt complicated 9s movement automatic in stainless steel is absooutely stunning in person and mine ran an extremely accurate +1day until the day I sold it. It's got a great cream dial with hand finished applied indices and a heat blued gmt hand... stunning for about 3.5k otd.

Two of my favorite watches right there. I am wearing my Air-King as I type and the GS SBGM231 is high on list of a dressy watch. Great pictures. Thanks for sharing.
chloebear is offline   Reply With Quote