View Single Post
Old 16 December 2015, 03:45 PM   #4
toneafficianado
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Fascinating post so I felt compelled to add my 2 cents as a person who has just SOLD a TT Sub and is chasing a BLNR but certainly has eyes for the blue dial YM. Great possibilities you have there!
I have tried on both extensively and the YM is a smaller feeling watch. it even looks a little smaller too because the colour of the Pt bezel blends with the case. [note only the bezel is platinum.] They both have same dial size though. Case on YM has curved sides not straight and smaller lugs than the GMT but not by much. YM's lugs are polished too, unlike GMT II.
I LOVE blue dials which is why I went for the TT Sub and the YM's dial is totally gorgeous even though it's not the same shade of royal blue as the sub has.
If you think you'd ever sell it then go for the BLNR as they have far greater demand than the YM second hand. The BLNR is so popular that there must be plenty out there though so if you want a bit of exclusivity[ which is why you didn't go TT Sub] then the YM will do it. More likely to get a deal on a YM too.
Pros and Cons!
I am chasing a BLNR but the YM blue would be a close second choice because of the blue dial mainly . Hard decision. Love to know which way you go.
toneafficianado is offline   Reply With Quote