View Single Post
Old 1 April 2013, 01:21 PM   #6
crowncollection
"TRF" Member

ladies diamond bezels

Ladies diamond bezels.

Many of the orchid range of ladies Rolexes had diamond bezels; these were varied in setting and style. They were not really functional bezels, rather a decorative setting of stones in the form of a ring around watch case (they did not hold the crystal in place). These are so varied and I cannot begin to explain them all. All you can do is check for known examples and check is that the diamonds are high quality and consistent in size and colour, with elegant settings. In this time period there were not aftermarket suppliers of any bezels for Rolex, so you’re pretty safe with these. I am sure the odd person asked a jeweller to make a diamond bezel but it was not common or available for separate sale anywhere for these models.

Modern ladies diamond bezels:

40 diamond brilliant cut.

You can use the same principles as above to authenticate, early bezels were not marked with the Rolex hallmark or any stamping like the men’s.

The new model men’s president 118200 series offers a 52 stone diamond bezel; all modern bezels are clearly marked with the Rolex hallmark. However, in today’s world the fakers may start to reproduce the stamping of bezels, utilise these authentication techniques above to be safe.

I hope you enjoyed this post when I get time I will be following up with how to identify Rolex links and diamond dials.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg as.jpg (105.4 KB, 4048 views)
File Type: jpg rlpresygmopdiam111209_head.jpg (57.7 KB, 4028 views)