View Single Post
Old 14 February 2018, 04:11 AM   #7
Dino2000
"TRF" Member

Watch: Heuer Autavia GMT
Being a watch aficionado my opinion should be biased, but I have to confess that all around me the youngsters doesn't use wrist watches. All they use their mobile phones as to see time or to measure it.

While there will be always a certain demand for old fashioned mechanical watches, I think that the days of the quartz watch industry are gone in the next few years as they will not be valuable nor necessary.

It has happened before with many devices or accesories. When I was a child, my most valuable possesion was a Sheaffer fountain pen I won as a painting contest price. By the time, both my father and all his friends had one or another fountain pen, being Sheaffer, Montblanc or S.T. Dupont. It was a sign of both good taste and good wealth. 50 years on and almost no people around me still has one, if you have luck they still use a good quality ballpoint pen.

The same happened with cigar lighters or shaving razors. Times are changing and while there will always been hardcore aficionados, the future is not on our beloved watches side.
Dino2000 is offline   Reply With Quote