View Single Post
Old 6 May 2006, 02:20 AM   #6
Atomic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamas
wow.. this guy must have been a serious collector...

omega actually buy pieces from ebay for their museum. I was outbid by omega on one piece that i saw on ebay which was a mint 267 sub second omega from early 1950's. I was rather pi$$ed that i lost out on this piece as i had put a really high bid on it with esnipe.. but this account outbid me!! looking through what it had bought, it had bought 400+ omegas over a year or two.. all mint condition, often way over market value..
this account was also located in switzerland.. so my suspicians were raised as was the use of the account name,which was the ex director of omega museam.. so i emailed seller about my suspicians, and he confirmed thathe had sent watch to omega...
Wow, quite a bit of detective work there, Mamas!

Kinda sucks when a watch you want on ebay is snapped up by someone with infinetly deeper pockets and willing to pay way over market value for it, athought that's nice for the seller.

But it's also kinda cool that you, Mamas, have exquisite taste in that you're after a piece they want for the museum. At least you know you can visit it in the future.