View Single Post
Old 10 October 2019, 05:02 PM   #17
Smarties
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashid.bk View Post
Somewhat true...but populations levels are growing. Add another quarter population in 20 years and it may be relative. Rolex makes watches for todays demand on earth.
The only difference is that unlike the first generation vintage watches which were actually used and not necessarily well maintained which made good condition examples rare, today every joe blow is stashing away his watch and even afraid to get it wet or use it while doing something incredibly risky and extremely dangerous like riding a bike, and at the far far right, many are going nuts as to how it scratches from being on a laptop computer with your Rolex. So there will be plenty of LNIB/NOS, and mint condition watches available in the future.

This thread proves that Rolex is mostly man jewelry, and a trade commodity. 100% opposite the reason I love mechanical watches.

I won't be surprised if Rolex slowly increases its manufacturing capacity if they see a steady increase in demand (grow proportionately with population?!?). Since people know Rolex watches maintain better resell value/can be sold at a profit, many of them will keep their watch in mint/pristine condition. I think in the future the supply of "vintage" Rolex will not be as scarce as that in decades ago. I don't expect people will make a fortune out of it.