View Single Post
Old 13 March 2010, 01:22 PM   #80
Deyn Man
"TRF" Member

so my monster's still fast (approx 20-30 secs a day)... i decided to send an email to Seiko here in the Philippines.

so i told the the story of my Monster. and that i found out about it thru a forum and lusted for it since. told them about this thread and that most Monsters were ridiculously accurate. asked them a few questions too -- if we can self regulate a Monster (similar to our rolexes), where's the nearest service center, etc.

after a day or so, i received their reply. polite guy. i guess they were the official distributor of seiko here. he encouraged me to send the Monster in since "Monsters (or Seikos for that matter) were known for their accuracy" and that the 20-30secs per day was indeed off the allowable variance in accuracy. even gave me options as to where i could bring the Monster (i preferred to deal with them directly since bringing it back to the shop i bought it from would take longer).. even asked me to tell him what service center i'll bring it in so he could advice that center beforehand. told him i'll just observe the accuracy for another week and maybe it would settle.

after a week, it did settle to around 15secs per day. been using it anyways since i got it last feb. hopefully it would settle down still. will see till next week and let you guys know.

terrific service! make me love the watch (and the brand) even more!!!
Deyn Man is offline   Reply With Quote