View Single Post
Old 10 January 2022, 10:35 PM   #68
Patton250
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 5205R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neom View Post
I don't think raising retail prices will help - the grey market would exponentially have its prices rise in conjunction with MSRP.
I don’t think you understood what I meant. If they raise the prices significantly and I mean big-time we can find out what all these people are willing to pay. I’d really like to see just how far some of these people would go on a 15500. We already know they’re willing to pay 40 K for 20 K watch right? Maybe they’ll pay 50 K or 60 K. How about the 5711??? Lol. This was recently price raised piece (2years ago?) to 30k yet unbelievably people are willing to drop 70-90 freaking k on it. This is why I have totally lost interest and respect for this hobby. It is gotten patently absurd. If you’re ever depressed and need some cheering up just go to the European watch company‘s website and see their pricing. If that doesn’t cause you to fall out of your chair and laugh out loud nothing will. I determined a while ago that either they or their clients or both are on some serious kicking drugs. I’m seriously considering dumping my entire collection to finance $1 million Lakehouse in Maine while all these consumers are walking around in an obvious hallucinogenic daze and wiling to pay such insane prices. It’s like zombie land.

Disclaimer- I can pretty much get any Rolex, AP or Patek at retail I want and have as those who know here are aware of. This rant is about this new found lack of respect of money for people with money and not a rant about me not being able to get what pieces I want.

My message to Rolex, AP and Patek is quadruple your prices for now and see what happens. It’s extremely easy to lower them back again.

Pride goes before destruction, and haughtiness before a fall.

Often times unbelief is disguised as wisdom

Instagram - patton250
Patton250 is offline   Reply With Quote