View Single Post
Old 17 November 2022, 03:56 AM   #4
scottywein
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG1121 View Post
Improved yes but that doesn't mean they want you to believe that. They are going to milk this for as long as possible and get you to buy other things first before blessing you with what you actually want!
I get that strategy, I've been waiting on a watch since 2019 and it's been discontinued. That said watch is basically at retail + tax and continuing to drop. My end goal is to build a relationship with the boutique. I've bought on the secondary market before and have had my services done at the boutique. New SA recently reached out a few months ago to meet.

At this point, I am going to be transparent and say, I know allocations aren't guaranteed and I've been waiting for a number of years but the ROC I'm interested in is at retail and I'm close to purchasing. I want to build a relationship with you but if it's not feasible then at least I know to just buy on the secondary market instead of wasting my time...or something along those lines.

If they want to continue to allocate to the same people over and over again with extensive purchase history I totally get it and don't fault them. I'm not going to purchase a new watch every year but maybe every other or every few years. I'd love to get something engraved on the watch to show that I won't flip it but I don't feel I need to make concessions like that to get one.

Even buying a code to get a new ROC 50th Anniversary watch is much more expensive than just buying it on the grey market now.
scottywein is offline   Reply With Quote