View Single Post
Old 18 November 2022, 06:24 AM   #12
endo
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP 15703 & PP 5990
Cheers for the kind words lucasalce & J.T.,

It was a fun thought experiment for me, alot of them have come from snowballing ideas with friends in the past, so i knew for me, as something i'd actually wear.
-a peripheral oscillating weight was a must,
-flying tourbillon, with cleaner looking cammed weights rather than ugly screws on the balance wheel
-an open worked movement designed to be a the forefront, rather than skeletonised for the sake of it (which alot are), and a movement design to suit the case (rather than something off the shelf)
-layered movement/rehaut deisgn for enhancing depth and the feeling everything is floating.
-openworking of course removes the iconic tapisserie dial, so a layered mid case that could incoporate tapisserie
-floating lugs
-emphasizing the case angles and onlines through recess section (originally i went full skeleton case/bracelet like the final design, but after mocking it out with my movement, it just didn't sit right with me, and i wanted it to work in forged carbon for a fully stealth variant)

the only thing i did leave off... was a textile strap
(i have a scrapped design where the lugs were modified to take a NATO..., thought that might be a step to far, even if personally.. i love a textile strap)

Granted, AP would never spend them money to R&D such a watch, but in the original design brief it was never a given (and assumed they wouldn't) produce the watch.

Maybe i'll hit the lotto, and dump a few mil getting a 1 of 1 made.
endo is offline   Reply With Quote