View Single Post
Old 24 November 2022, 06:22 AM   #1
erdetgasxd
"TRF" Member

Bought polished watch, was assured it wasn’t.

Hi guys!

Im looking for some expert advice on an unfortunate situation with my recent watch purchase from a different grey market dealer. I would really appreciate any advice you have [emoji120]

Back in June i bought a 15407ST 2017 mint. As soon as i get the watch i notice it feels off, it feels sharp on the bracelet and the case corners feel soft and rounded. I ask the seller a day after if its been polished, and he gets super offended and says absolutely not. I compare it to my retail 15500ST which is super different and smooth on the bracelet and sharp on the case corners.

So i ask again and he gets angry again and says i can get a refund if i want, to which i say i want the watch, so he then suggests i take it into AP. I then try AP boutiques but they cant help, so i send it in to AP and sure enough its been completely polished by a third party, so much that the screws are protruding and even the movement is damaged. He offers to pay for service but i argue the watch has lost value as its already been polished poorly, then to be repolished by AP, would be the same as 2-3 regular polishes, and AP recommends a max of 3 in the lifetime of a watch. He disagrees. I demand either a 15% refund or a full refund in return for the watch. It should also be noted i have yet to receive the box and bill of sale.

So my question is would you say the watch would lose value being first poorly polished then properly by AP? And would i be in the right to request to cancel the sale?

Sorry for the long post i appreciate it very much!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
erdetgasxd is offline   Reply With Quote