View Single Post
Old 4 December 2022, 10:00 AM   #3
AP15407st_patrick
"TRF" Member

Thanks very kind. The thing is that no insurance company would ever understand it neither pay for it. They mentioned in their terms and conditions they will pay for a replacement. According to AP boutique the replacement is the certificate of authenticity. As AP would also communicate this to the insurance company there is really not much I can do against.

In terms of your question what I would do? I am not sure if I can still be objective but I know how these paper certificate will look like and what AP is doing with the watch to get this document. I like this document a lot and if we really look closely what is the value of a plastic card with a serial number on it ( where I still have it as a picture) when you can have an original signed AP document with your watch in every detail signed by an AP watchmaker who controlled and checked your watch. I know the plastic card is important but is it that Important that you would not buy the watch or ask a discount if 10-15% which is 10-15k US dollar? I am really in doubt especially if I also have the original invoice. The question at the end is what is the guarantee card adding in terms of value the mentioned documents cannot add beside the fact to say the paper document was not part of the initial supply package whereas the plastic card was.
AP15407st_patrick is offline   Reply With Quote