View Single Post
Old 4 December 2022, 02:12 PM   #5
Armis
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykii View Post
I can't speak to frequency, but I think all brands have been hiking RRPs aggressively. Have you seen the price of Calatrava's now?
Exactly, Calatrava is another such example. Okay, just wanted to make sure that I wasn’t being unreasonable with respect to these changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VogelPhoenix View Post
Don't know if the pattern is odd or excessive, but the increases have certainly accelerated in recent years. 15400 debuted in 2012, IIRC, for $16900. 7 years later, the 15500 was about $3k more (17% over 7 years). 15510 is now $26.6k - 33% in less than 4 years. Hm, maybe excessive is not a bad description.
Now that is a notable statistic. It has me saying ”sky is the limit,” which is fair in the context of luxury. If willingness to pay is much higher, then from a business perspective they’re justified in increasing. Objectively, this is all interesting as a case study where I wonder what impact, if any, this has on reputation. Again, need to remind myself that this is the luxury market, so can’t be starting a movement based on “ROs for all!” :)))

Quote:
Originally Posted by messikens View Post
I think recently it’s gotten excessive with multiple increases per year... That wasn't the case previously.

As dmash already pointed out, at some point the value for money just isn't there. For example a new 43mm ROO is ALMOST 50K out the door without the metal bracelet for a Chrono only (non PM). It's certainly becoming hard to swallow but then again - plenty of wealthy people around who don't care
Well said. Okay, at least I’ve gotten the answer to my question. This is the new reality, and it will not likely be slowing.
Armis is offline   Reply With Quote