View Single Post
Old 8 December 2022, 02:10 AM   #53
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
A story about perspective, and a great life lesson for me:

I was in Tulum, Mexico. This was well before it became a hot spot and the lodgings were rickety and very simple. It was sublime with no ice, no A/C and lumpy beds due to the humidity.

I was just relaxing on the beach and there was a bit of commotion. I naturally went to investigate.

There was a baby sea turtle that just hatched and was making its way to the sea. I was beside myself. My spirit was signing. I can recall how happy I was, as it was a magical moment for me.

I followed the little guy to the sea. I even helped him (or her), without touching, flip over back onto his belly when he got stuck on his back. Then he got to the water and swam off. I swam with him until I lost him.

I was "higher" than any bit of alcohol or drug had ever made me.

Later that night I was retelling the story again and again. Someone then told me that the rest of the eggs hatched the night prior and there was a migration of the little cuties that went to the sea.

I was absolutely gutted that I missed it. It ruined everything for me, until....

I realized my perspective was all wrong.

It was not about what I had missed, but rather what I had experienced. Finding out that there was another great experience that I missed in no way took anything away from the amazing experience that I had.

It is all about perspective.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is offline   Reply With Quote