View Single Post
Old 26 November 2022, 07:15 AM   #9
Dirt
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoat View Post
I just had the same issue albeit 2.5 yrs into 24/7/365 worn ownership of my 16613LB.

Looked down and realized I was an hour behind. Shook it and it started ticking again so went to take a shower. Looked down again in 5 mins or so and dead again. Tried winding it, it wouldn’t wind.

Took it to Rik Dietel and found out it had never been serviced.

If you are fairly active it probably needs a service. Realistically, if no provenance it needs a service anyways as yours could be like mine and never serviced.

Sent from my Apple privacy invasion product
Agreed.
I normally don't get much more than 5-5.5 years out of a daily worn auto winder before it needs a service to put it right.
Usually they stop randomly or altogether so it's the winding mechanism that starts playing up due to my activity levels.
Timekeeping is always very good and unchanged with the exception of one watch that went about 13 years until it's first service as an occasional wearer before timekeeping started to progressively shift and one could also see the ball bearing mounted Rotor starting to get a little sluggish on rotation through the Saphire caseback.
A service puts them right as one would expect
Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote