View Single Post
Old 9 December 2022, 04:25 PM   #55
fatcows7
"TRF" Member

Watch: JLC / AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by macrowatch View Post

I think they've already tried transparent at few places and realized it's much better to be opaque. Because if the capricious process were transparent, even more would actually be upset.
I'd respectfully disagree on the point that people would be more upset. At least you'd know what the rules to the game are.

e.g. for PP - it's honestly just patience whereby you could just line up for 3 years and then get an aquanaut (not that I want one and assuming you can get onto the list now - they've closed it for now). For Rolex, it's just pay as you go / bundling. For VC, they have two lines, one for those that have a history and ones that don't (at least that's the case in London).

For AP, some say you need purchase history and then some say you don't. There are success stories for both. Then some say its about the relationship. I had a decent relationship with my SA but he quit and now I have a new one. He's great as well but am I at the back of the line now?

Again my issue, perhaps its the way I approach life, is that it is isn't systematic. Perhaps this works for some people but it does irk me.

I do hope that sooner or later, you can walk in and actually get a piece you want. But at the point in which you can purchase something walking-in, wouldn't it be better if you just go straight to the grey market given AP hasn't valued you as a potential customer?
fatcows7 is offline   Reply With Quote