View Single Post
Old 22 August 2019, 02:43 PM   #1
Pateks
Banned

Patek Accuracy- 5968 - This was interesting

So this past weekend I and a group of friends descended upon Monterey for the annual car week. Amongst the many incredible events we attended, one of them was a party hosted by Lamborghini. At the party were some representatives of Roger Dubois watch brand. Apparently Lamborghini and Dubois have some sort of collaboration on watches and cars.

In addition to the watches on display, in attendance was one of their watch makers talking about the Dubois brand and the complications. I have no interest in the watches but it was an interesting conversation learning a bit more about Roger Dubois and their technology.

So one of the things the watch maker was doing was measuring how accurate the watches people were wearing were running. He had some sort of Doppler device hooked up to an iPad and would take various measurements and the software could tell if the watch was running fast or slow.

My buddy offered up his 4 year old Vacheron and it was running 5.5 seconds slow per day. My other friend hooked up his AP Offshore- 3.6 seconds per day.

I had my couple month old 5968 and decided what the hell- let’s see how accurate my watch is- .2 seconds a day off. That is correct two tenths of one second.

Now I don’t know how accurate this test was nor did I stick around long enough to see how the Dubois watches performed but it put a smile on my face that my watch which was not only expensive but hard to get actually performed well.

Interesting tidbit I thought I would share. It might all be a gimmick but it was fun to see the 5968 do well in this test.
Pateks is offline   Reply With Quote