View Single Post
Old 4 June 2020, 01:10 AM   #1
Crazy Lugs
"TRF" Member

42mm Apple Watch Fit Revelation to Rolex?

Hi all- during the Covid-19 lockdown, I decided to give the $229 Apple Watch Series 3 a try just for the hell of it- I’d been curious for awhile and thought it would be a good excuse to keep my butt moving during the lockdown. My daily driver for the last year or so has been a six-digit Sub C, which I love for the most part, but occasionally find cumbersome for desk diving duties.

What I ended up realizing is that I really like the smaller/lighter size of the 42mm Apple Watch, which wears nothing like a “traditional” 42mm watch, and am curious if anyone can offer a fit comparison to the DJ36 (126234) or the 36mm Explorer (114270). In other words, if I like the fit of the 42mm Apple Watch, will the 36mm Rolex pieces wear similarly?

The 42mm Apple Watch case measures 36.4mm wide x 42.5mm tall, which is the effective lug-to-lug measurement, if not somewhat shorter. So far as I can tell, both the Explorer and DJ36 should fit similarly, but I’m somewhat skeptical Given my wide/flat 7.25” wrist (I fear they will wear too small). Thanks in advance for any input!
Crazy Lugs is offline   Reply With Quote