View Single Post
Old 4 June 2020, 08:26 AM   #14
EtherBrown
"TRF" Member

Whoa! I stumbled into a fun convo.

I knew myself to be a chronic upgrader so I didn’t buy my first Rolex until I could have a President kids growing up on 90s hip hop dream about. I inherited two vintage DJs along the way to golf me over. I finally got there and really made a splash getting a Rhodium WG DD40 last Christmas. Warranty issues led to a generous AD trade where I ended up with a RG Olive DD40 and an AK 116900, because green is my favorite color. Turns out like OP all gold watches are just not for me, an old hand injury creeps up under the weight, and after 6 months I traded in the DD40 for a Hulk, Wimbledon, and Polar Explorer II. I think the Air King is a little top heavy for me, so I might trade that for a Kermit and Black Ceramic GMT to stay in the steel green theme.

From there I’ll reassess, but platinum Patek is starting to call to me. Something about the diamond hidden at the 6 between the lugs speaks to the “money talks, but wealth whispers” mindset I’m settling into and there is always the green Aquanaut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk