View Single Post
Old 22 June 2020, 02:33 AM   #47
Trog
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganiccus View Post
One of the main problems with Omega that nobody seems to talk about is they are trying so hard to please everyone, they end up displeasing everyone.

Like, what is the point of putting a GMT function on a Planet Ocean?? Or releasing 3 different sizes for the same model, can't you make a simple decision and stick with one size? you think successful brands like Rolex, AP and PP do this??
To me, they have no clear vision on how to market their brand, they shoot in all directions at once to see if they can catch the odd customer who wants a chronograph in their dress watch, turning off many more potential clients like me who see Omega as a weak brand who does not know what the customer wants.

The fact that their Omega speedmaster with hesalite is their best selling watch just proves everything I have said earlier, the design has remained mostly the same for decades, only with slight improvements on the movement over time.

Meanwhile, they revamp their seamaster diver line every 5 years or so, to a point where the previous generation is selling for pennies on the dollar. Why would I buy a current generation Seamaster if it's going to tank into oblivion when they suddenly decide to completely change the design in the next couple of years?
Sure, Omega doesn't claim the same numbers as Rolex, but they seem to be doing OK in a very competitive market:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Top-10-Swiss-Watch-Brands-in-2019.jpg (83.0 KB, 281 views)
Trog is offline   Reply With Quote