View Single Post
Old 12 June 2021, 05:43 PM   #2
Russell996
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
Hi everyone. I recently purchased a Sinn U2 non-T watch on secondary market. It was a private sale by the first owner. The seller has a good reputation, and all the paperwork and serial numbers check out.

The U2 has a UTC function to track another time zone. It’s not a true traveler’s GMT function, so only the UTC hand can be quick changed.

The watch seems to work fine, but the UTC hand does not perfectly align with the local hour hand. For example, if the local time is 12:00 noon, the UTC hand will say something closer to 12:15. This is consistent for each hour.

It’s not a deal killer, but it’s annoying. It seems to have been a problem with U2s early on, but this was a January 2012 original purchase.

Has anyone that has owned Sinn with a UTC function experienced anything similar, or if you have owned a U2, did you experience the same?

If so, what did you do about it? How did you fix it? How much did it cost as the watch is now 6 months out of warranty?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I own a 756 UTC, the second time zone aligns perfectly as I leave it hidden most of the time.
Russell996 is offline   Reply With Quote