View Single Post
Old 24 June 2021, 05:44 AM   #19
fullofboats
"TRF" Member

I have seen this story that Seiko does not service watches past 10 years before and while this may be true for some old lower value Seikos where Seiko corp no longer manufactures OEM parts I have never seen or heard that Credor or MAS will not stand behind their watches past 10 years. Could you please share a source? My assumption is that ppl are taking what may be true for the Seiko brand and perhaps mistakenly applying it to the entire Seiko group. I also recall seeing a comment in this forum from a user who said GS has stocked enough spare parts for 50 years so I really am not worried about a lack of servicing for an Eichi 2. All Eichi servicing is done by MAS and that team is really the crown jewel of the group.

I have a GBLT999 and a 414.028. Both are amazing. I think the ALS 1815 chrono is more impressive to look at and perhaps the safer choice but the Eichi is my favourite. There is nothing in the world like a MAS spring drive porcelain dial watch and I will never sell it.

Unless things have changed very recently the Eichi is still available from boutiques via order. I bought mine from an AD but was also told I could order a GBLT998 with a 3 month wait. There is also the new GBLT997 just launched late 2020 but I would recommend a white dial over the blue.
fullofboats is offline   Reply With Quote