View Single Post
Old 22 May 2018, 01:40 AM   #9
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon_jon View Post
There are many watches without name/address on the certificates. Sometimes they were purchased for resale and other times, the collector wanted to protect his privacy. Technically ADs are supposed to fill it out before the client leaves, but it has not always been strictly enforced in the past.

The Archice papers will not have the original owner information. And unless you register the watch in your name after purchasing it, Patek won't automatically attach your information to the watch either.

Many Patek owners want discretion and don't always register their watches after purchase.
i would be curious how strict this has become. My AD has put my name and address on every one. Personally i kind of like it, but if i was a flipper i dont know how much i would like my address being visible to whatever random person buys it next.
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote