View Single Post
Old 14 June 2018, 02:23 AM   #768
Kantoosh
"TRF" Member

I haven't seen one like mine posted here so I figured I would weigh in.

This is a rather complicated watch but looks absolutely stunning. Circa 1999 or so.

There's a story behind it too.

A boyfriend gave it to me as a surprise gift after I saw it in a story in 2000---a few weeks after I saw it in fact. I wore it for several years but then it stopped working about six years later. Battery replaced but that didn't fix the issue. I left it at a watch repair shop in DC where I lived and forgot about it. Suddenly I found out that the shop closed down with my watch in it! This was in 2008.

As I picked up my watch collection hobby once again, I tried to locate a similar watch and for a year or so I wasn't able to find it at all. It didn't help that I couldn't even remember exactly what it looked like and I had no photo of myself wearing it where it was clearly visible. But then I kept searching on Google images and one day I found it and wrote down the model name and number and looked on eBay.

A watchmaker in Italy had restored one completely and it was in near-mint condition. Fast forward a few weeks and it was on my wrist. Couldn't be happier with it. I love the very distinctive green hand and the date function on it. It also has a faint alarm. And a dual time at 6 o'clock.

Wanted to share with you folks here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg seiko rf.jpeg (147.8 KB, 281 views)
Kantoosh is offline   Reply With Quote