View Single Post
Old 14 December 2017, 04:46 AM   #104
Runnin' Rebel
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony64 View Post
I think you've made some interesting points and I tend to generally agree with much of what you've said. You do seem to be rather outnumbered here though, so rather than remain silent on the sideline I'd thought I'd offer some support.

Full disclosure, I have never used marijuana, but I presume that unlike alcohol that is usually consumed in quantities that don't necessarily result in intoxication, recreational marijuana is only consumed to induce altered consciousness.

If I'm wrong in that assumption I'm sure someone will correct me.

Also, I'm sure that there are many teenagers and young adults who choose to abide by the law, and legalization of recreational pot will remove any prohibition for these individuals, thereby increasing exposure to an already vulnerable group. (I presume that there will be some age restrictions similar to alcohol and tobacco, but it will still be destigmatized regardless)

I think the topic of this thread though was to address the investment potential of the cannabis industry, and while we can have differeing opinions on drug use, I think many would rather leave the moral issue aside and consider the profit potential. As I type this I realize how mercenary it must sound.

I guess I'm driven more by capitalist ideals than moral integrity. Clearly I'm weak.

I'm not going to actively promote recreational pot use, but I'm not about to miss out on a good business opportunity.

Now I've probably pissed off all sides of the debate. Oh well...

to you too. But realize the tip of the cannabis spear has recently had a paradigm shift. There so much possibility for medical uses they are finding, more and more uses. CBD has been a terrific for certain medical issues.

CBD ( cannabidiol ) is the main non-psychoactive chemical compound in cannabis which is reported and confirmed to alleviate the symptoms of many medical and psychological ailments. It's exciting to watch this unfold, can you imagine instead of nasty pain medication you instead use something natural that has just about the same effect and no addiction. Personally I don't like smoking anything and never really did much, just the college stuff, but this is getting interesting with oils and edibles and not having to worry about your liver or even driving. Although I won't drive after taking the oil just to be safe until I'm sure it's ok.

Runnin' Rebel is offline   Reply With Quote