View Single Post
Old 14 December 2020, 02:45 AM   #11
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JodyHighroller View Post
As always, awesome pictures and review!

How do you feel about the bracelet on this reference? I’ve only handled it briefly once, but I felt the bracelet may be a tad too skinny/too much taper for 44mm case.
Thanks everyone......

Bracelet:
Perfection bracelet taper. The lug design on this watch case are more rounded and organic giving the bracelet to head transitions a natural look. It’s not that blocky super case issue you sometimes see at the lugs. Rolex also rounds the sides of the case into your wrist continuing that organic look that doesn’t make the watch look big. As stupid as this sounds, it’s as if Rolex was taking design cues from a elegant sailboat keeping the case lines graceful with the Yachtmaster line. The DSSD/Sub squared off super case is more utilitarian and sport looking in comparison. It’s a nice contrasting attitude Rolex brings out in how they machine their cases. This may be lost on some but the watch nerds will see this.

I am use to large watches but this watch being a big 44mm is as comfortable as my 40mm Rolex watches. I was expecting it wear maybe closer to my DSSD JC but it is closer to a Sub. I feel like I am getting away with something with this watch as I had issues with my SD43 and it was very uncomfortable even after several link swaps, etc....
This extra comfort on the wrist now makes it one of my favorites to take on extended vacations where I only will have one watch for everything. It does have the new Rolex bracelet squeak we find endearing while it lasts. But under my winter coats or long sleeve dress shirts are not a issue at all. The watch disappears on the wrist and as you know when it does that, it’s comfortable.

Hard to show in just one pic.
Mystro is offline   Reply With Quote