View Single Post
Old 19 December 2010, 11:06 AM   #47
The GMT Master
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clock View Post
Does the GMT sell more than the Sub?

Are there many customers who ask if you can get the recently retired Sub/date?

Which is requested more, white or black dial SS Daytonas?

As per another thread, does the GMT bezel have a greater shine vs the Sub C?

Is the Explorer 39mm selling well?

Thank you for the opportunity to ask questions!
The GMT has in recent years been slightly outselling the Sub Date, although the introduction of the ceramic Sub has shifted things again. To give you an idea, we've been sent a steady two 116610LNs per month since launch, and they've all been sold quickly - we have one left, which has only been in for a little over a fortnight. I think next year will be a Sub year again

I've not personally had any enquiries about the old Sub Date, people have been very impressed with the improvements on the new one. The new bracelet and clasp have been getting particular praise

White dials are far, far more in demand than black dial Daytonas for us. For every black dial request on our list, we have 3-4 white dial requests. Demand for the black dial has really slumped this year

I think the GMT does have a bit more shine, but I can't give you any logical explanation for it Maybe it's the PCLs that set it off a bit more.

The new Explorer hasn't been a runaway success, it's been somewhat overshadowed by the new Sub. I think, in time, it'll do better than the 114270, it has a good niche now, and the improvements have transformed the watch into something special