View Single Post
Old 3 January 2016, 06:12 AM   #1323
rouxeny
"TRF" Member

Wow, just read through the original thread where you lost your watch, and then this one.

What a journey!

Tom, I am amazed at how you handled it. I think you did everything correctly, and had restraint that I would have found difficult to have mastered. You are totally correct, their country, their rules. I am sure that we do many things in the US that visitors would find entirely confusing or infuriating.

I'm so glad you got the watch back, and as sad as it may seem, I'm so glad you got rid of it. The inability to insure it is certainly a problem, but the constant reminder of the unfortunate circumstances surrounding the watch would keep me from enjoying it.

I've been to Japan a few times, and have found it to be an incredible country, with very kind people. I've had little old ladies run down the length of a city block to tell me that the directions that they just gave me were incorrect, and they turned around to find me when they realized.

I'm sorry you had this bad experience. It's certainly a very safe country, but there's always still crime. It really stinks for you.

I have always enjoyed your viewpoint on this forum and look forward to your watch replacement.