View Single Post
Old 11 January 2020, 04:05 PM   #22
EdwardC
2024 Pledge Member

Sorry for your experience OP. I only had 1 repair experience with VC and I have to say I had a great experience.

I was traveling to Taiwan wearing a Quai de l'ile. With bad luck, something happened to the watch when I was on the plane. It's like the spring somehow released all the energy and the rotor was spinning like a motor until all power was drained. Never experienced that before and I did do anything intentionally to trigger it. Once I arrived, I went to their boutique in Taipei 101 right away and let them know the situation. The in-store watch maker was available and took a look. Then in 3 days he was able to fix it and I picked it up. It's working properly ever since (more than a year now). I don't expect he did full service, but enough to eliminate the problem.

In chatting with the watch maker, he had taken multiple training in Geneva factory over the years. Fortunately mine was a 3 hander with date only and not a chronograph. otherwise it will have to go back to Geneva.

I think it's always a case-by-case scenario. Some people are always more responsible and helpful than others.
EdwardC is offline   Reply With Quote