View Single Post
Old 27 May 2018, 11:04 PM   #57
Bearxj86
"TRF" Member

Watch: 3970
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1William View Post
Interesting post and I understand some of the concerns of the OP. I like PP but have never been able to pull the trigger for whatever reason. I go to the events at my AD, enjoy the watches and fellowship with the PP staff and watch owners but still don't buy. It is not a money thing as much as it is, I just don't get that excited about it. Neither right or wrong. Not a slam on the brand or owners as much as it is just a choice on my part. I have enjoyed the statement for years, "You own a Rolex for others, and you own a PP for yourself." Whatever. Once again, I think a lot people make judgements about others that fit a narrative about how they see the world and themselves. I say enjoy the watches, be tolerant of others and the watch selections they make, for whatever the reason and move on. Soon enough none of will need a watch.
Wear a Patek for 6 months and its hard to go back. That was my experience with the aquanaut. I had a bunch of submariners/GMTs/speedmasters and for 2 whole YEARS when given the choice I would wear the aquanaut over the rolexes. I did have it on both rubber and bracelet so I had choices.

If you are a rolex lover, you should start with a Nautilus or Aquanaut. The pity is none are available. When I first got the aquanaut, it looked underwhelming (due to understated elegance), after 3 days on the wrist you can feel and tell the quality. Its something you have to wear to experience. Going to the boutique and wearing it on and off is one thing, but you really need the wrist time.

Its pretty much a no-brainer if you are able to get either one since it is a risk free investment at retail. If you can get the Aqua at $18k or Nautilus at $30k, you can immediately get your money back any time.
Bearxj86 is offline   Reply With Quote