View Single Post
Old 1 August 2018, 04:44 AM   #12
CBG1
"TRF" Member

This is way easy to do ... I was skeptical and hesitant at first, but it's quite straightforward. Do it!!

I took the tip of doing it in a plastic bag, or in my case I wrapped loosely with a few layers of saran wrap to protect the case and lugs. (The picture shows once I opened up the saran wrap, but it was completely enclosed for the next step, below).

I put masking tape over a flat bladed screwdriver !?, and with the saran wrap being slightly loose, was able to then insert the flat screwdriver over the saran wrap and under the bezel ring and it pops right off.

Popping the insert out of the ring and putting a new one in are straightforward. Just make sure to get the alignment right. For me, I aligned the point of the 12 indicator to a 'peak' of the bezel knurls, as opposed to a 'valley'.

Make note of the thin stamped washer between the case and bezel ring, and how the spring sits on top of that.

The spring is a 'spring' but acts more like a ratchet pawl or like a playing card in bicycle spokes kind of thing. It's like a spring clip, not really a coiled spring.

PS - Thanks to the TRF forums for helping me source the extra inserts!! Now, I'm going back to the well to try to find a jubilee band, something about Pepsi+Jubilee just looks right. I like the oyster+LN bezel, but the pepsi / coke seem at home on a Jubilee.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg A9Rakfzj0_rly670_38c.jpg (254.2 KB, 272 views)
CBG1 is offline   Reply With Quote