View Single Post
Old 24 October 2011, 05:55 PM   #106
cruvon
"TRF" Member

Thanks for the feedback Monobike,skyedog,buffy, list updated with your feedback. Have also renamed the list and taken off the numbering from the green star sellers so that readers don't get the impression that the list is in any order or preference, the sellers have been added in on a "first suggested first in the list" basis based on purchases forumers have made. Offcourse the green star sellers move atop the others in the list.
Have also renamed the list to make it extra clear that is a forumer purchase experience list and not an official recommendation list. As always refer to the footnotes and do your due diligence when buying any vintage watch, even from a seller listed as having a green star since past recommendations are not necessarily a ticket for positive experiences in the future.

I know some of us are concerned that this list might give a wrong sense of security to new buyers while buying a vintage watch and I wouldn't want that happening. I still believe though that although the list might not be 100% full proof, having such a list is better than having no list at all and leaving us newbies open to buying Rolexes in the wild on Craiglist, Ebay, dishonest recommendations by friends or groups of dealers,etc. There is only a small group of sellers who can deliver so we can only attempt to get the list right. But if most feel it doesn't serve any purpose I have no qualms in letting this thread die.
As always, if any forumers here who have made a purchase stated below and have been taken for a ride by any sellers on the list i.e been sold a fake watch, fake papers, an unoriginal watch, etc. and can back that up with concrete evidence, I am happy to take offending sellers off from this list if the forumers agree to based on the concrete evidence supplied.

Vintage purchase experience Feedback List

A green (*) against a dealers name indicates that atleast 2 forumers have purchased vintage watches from a dealer here, have received them and are happy. So if atleast 2 of you have purchased a vintage watch from any of the dealers in the list, have received it and are happy with the purchase please say so here so can update the dealers name with a green (*).Also note that a single forumer purchasing 2 or more watches from a seller will be considered as one reference and not two.

Purchase Reference list: Besides the green star rating, for added green star rating accuracy, refer to this "Purchase Reference list" to get a feel of the quality of watches forumers here have purchased from their respective sellers by looking up their historic threads for posted watch pictures and making inquiries on the forum.
Mark Lerman (ezinternet,cruvon)
Jedly (Steelerfan65,bb3188)
Eric Ku (ddrees,steelerfan65,skyedog,Beaumont Miller II)
Ben (Jason71,yessir69,desfrie)
Jacek (ezinternet,Submarino,Mark020)
Andrew Shear (Steelerfan65,Tcaviglioli,Beaumont Miller II,bluemartinfan,Skyedog,Buffy)
Ralle (florianw,Burswood)
Steve Mulholland (Swearengen,davemcdus)
Ian Blowers (DiamondJack, chiubak,Monobike) [Please note issues raised by drainaps,Kyle in the earlier sections http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=180461, buyer due diligence and asking the right questions from this dealer necessary to ascertain originality,has a 7 days no questions asked return policy]

NB: While this list serves to collate all vintage watch dealers forumers have possibly dealt with (from fellow forumers comments above) in one place, it in no way is a measure of the quality/originality of the watches that are on sale with them. Please conduct your own due diligence before you make any purchases by asking questions on the forum, posting pictures, getting references, etc. Also please notify us of any concerns and if the forumers agree I can take them off this list.

VERY IMPORTANT: As always refer to the footnotes and do your due diligence when buying any vintage watch, even from sellers listed as having a green star, since past recommendations are not necessarily a ticket for positive experiences in the future, so ask questions and verify watches through the forum "before" you buy any vintage watch. This is a forumer purchase experience list aimed at helping newbies find a vintage from known sources and is not an official recommendation list or a substitute for doing proper research on watches and sellers before you buy.

Last thing I remember, I was Running outta sight
I had to find the passage back,To the place I was before.
’Relax,’ said this Rolex place,We are programmed to receive.
You can checkout any time you like, But you can never leave!
cruvon is offline   Reply With Quote