View Single Post
Old 18 June 2017, 09:20 AM   #9
highbob
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
The warranty follows the watch.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Just returned from a visit to my local AD, and the Rolex rep earnestly informed me that the warranty is "not transferrable." So ... does the warranty follow the watch or what?

I own have a new lume Explorer I that I recently bought here on the forum--the entire package, including warranty, my first Rolex--but the rep at my AD is of the opinion that Rolex will not honor that warranty, should I need to use it. BTW, we were just talking about the Explorer, but I do think he was perhaps a little put out that he couldn't sell me one ... but then, at the time, he had none to sell. I might've bought from him, but he couldn't sell what he didn't have.

I'm flummoxed. How do we know here on the forum that the warranty follows the watch? This is not a challenge, but an honest enquiry from a enthusiast who doesn't stay up nights worrying about such possibilities but who would nevertheless rest easier were he a bit more sure about his options should his Rolex decide to revolt. Do we have opinions from legal types that would nail this down, or are we working on anecdotal evidence from forum members who've gone through the warranty-go-round? Or are we simply dependent on the good will of individual ADs?

I apologize if this is old, old hash, because I've read lots of discussion of this topic on the forums, and I've heard much discussion on YouTube, but I'm not sure about how much weight that discussion has when it comes to actually having work done on one's watch under a pre-owned warranty.

As always, thanks for the discussion,

highbob
highbob is offline   Reply With Quote