View Single Post
Old 22 March 2021, 02:05 PM   #172
MDMH
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandpit View Post
Well, to say i'm disappointed in my new Montblanc would be an understatement.

3 weeks into ownership and the pen was still skipping and hard starting. Tried a few flushes and different inks and no improvement so it went into the MB boutique. 2 weeks on and no update so I went in yesterday to find out what's happening. The response was they're replacing the nib. This is a brand new pen - no excuses to be honest. I've had plenty of other brands and never an issue (apart from my Pelikan which was dropped and split in half).
I had a similar issue. My 146 White Solitaire skipped on the upstroke since new. I couldn't take it any longer sent it in for service and it came back with the same issue (I think they just tried to polish the issue out of the nib). It was returned with polishing compound residue in the threads and hairlines in the segment that weren't there when it went in. That was my 3rd 146. Stupid me I bought the Gold Leaf Edition next #4 and it has the dreaded cap/barrel stiction (not quite perfectly round). Not sure I want to send it in to have them make it worse.
MDMH is offline   Reply With Quote