Thread: New Pepsi
View Single Post
Old 30 June 2018, 11:49 PM   #10
blah114
Banned

Watch: iPhone
I think people have gone a bit nuts over the new (Pepsi) Basel GMT. I love the watch. My life hasn’t changed . The sun still sets at night, rises in the morning.. I was at a restaurant last night wearing the GMT.. a very nice couple complimented me on the watch. I said thanks, etc. it was a nice place. I was directly asked if I would sell it. It was quite weird. I guess the hype is definitely out there. I was asked how I got it. From whom. I was awkward, didn’t want to say. The guy said he’d offer me way above retail for it. I told him I couldn’t do,that to my AD.. I’m very loyal. I think they get penalized if I sell it, at least right away. I will not say what I was offered, but it was far above retail. And I may not have paid retail.. I may have—i won’t say.

In any case, this guy really wanted to broker a deal for my new GMT. I’m not sure he was being sincere, but he wanted my phone number in case i changed my mind. Perhaps he’s reading this now... or will, later. I didn’t give my number, did not sell the piece, and won’t anytime soon... but I could have bought a used sky dweller or used Daytona with what he was offering. This watch doesn’t warrant that , for me. I love it, but to pay twice retail or even a few thousand above retail is crazy,to me. It was a very weird moment last night. The guy and his wife were at a nearby table which made it even more awkward. We had to dine after the exchange... i felt guilty for not selling it, but glad for,keeping it, etc... after a few manhattans i laughed. Before,they left,,he gave me a business card.. in sales and apparently doing well based on his card and title. I think ppl are going crazy over this watch. Not sure why. It’s nice, but it’s a watch. Stainless steel at that. Weird stuff last night.
blah114 is offline   Reply With Quote