View Single Post
Old 14 October 2017, 08:14 AM   #72
mtrunner
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 126508 Paul Newman
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbonesteak View Post
Let's talk steakhouses now that the conversation is evolving a little.

I'll list my favorite dishes and locations they're served at:

Appetizer - Del Frisco's Grille; cheesesteak springrolls, delicious if you're in the mood to be a fatass, I usually am.

Best thick bacon - Quality Meats; their peanut butter and jalapeno jelly bacon is excellent.

Steak - Wolfgangs; while this can be argued ad nauseam, it's just my personal favorite.

Sides - Strip House; their goose fat potatoes are excellent (their creamed spinach is also noteworthy). Wolfgangs German Potatoes give them a run though as does the lobster mac n cheese from Del Frisco's DoubleEagle.

Dessert - Strip House; if you've got room, get the 24 layer cake. The strudel with homemade cream is great at Wolfgangs too (and I'm not even a strudel guy).

I've eaten at just about every steakhouse this city has to offer and have kinda landed on my favorites. I actually used to enjoy Porter House in the Time Warner building, but the quality of the meal has gone down, maybe their chef left or something.
Funny you should say that. The last time my wife and I went to Porter House we left less than impressed. We had gone several times before and always enjoyed it but the last time we also thought the quality was off.
mtrunner is offline   Reply With Quote