View Single Post
Old 27 July 2017, 08:05 PM   #15
jstan9
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT BLNR
Fantastic review, Mat. I also have small wrists and for 17 years have loved my SS / Platinum 35mm yachtmaster. As a new member (and even a new lurker) I've noted a lot of strong opinions on 'small' watches now that oversized is the fashion even for women.

I loved that you stressed the comfort and fit of your beautiful watch. After getting a 40mm GMT blnr I've realized that as stunning as it is it's absolutely the largest watch I can wear and that I 'notice it' on my wrist whereas my yachtmaster disappears.

I love both and because of the current 'big watch phase' in watch fashion have been pondering selling mine and replacing it with the 40mm version. Your review convinced me to try on a 40 mm beauty but also reminds me how important comfort is.

Like you, I've never had anyone comment on the size of my 35mm yachtmaster. It fits dead center and is finely proportioned on my small wrists. I think calling these mid-sized watches 'suitable only for boys' (a comment I've read in other posts about smaller rolexes) misses some of the important points in your excellent review.
jstan9 is offline   Reply With Quote