View Single Post
Old 15 February 2020, 01:00 AM   #30
Stevec14
"TRF" Member

Watch: 321, Snoopy 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chester01 View Post
I’m in the minority here for sure, but I think the flat link bracelets look better and make more sense on the straight lug speedy. The modern versions have curved, rounded lugs, and lots of round edges. The modern bracelet can be faulted for not being easily adjustable. However it has more rounded-ness and texture making it look more integrated to my eye than the flat link options. The pic above, really does not look integrated. I see a great watch and I see a great bracelet, but it looks out of place to me. Flat and square shapes do not mesh as nicely with a case that has many soft and round edges. Sorry.
It looks pretty well integrated on the Apollo 11 and suits the more vintage look it’s trying to portray. Then again the Apollo 11 has a slightly tweaked case. I do like that the end links pivot down, making the watch wear a little smaller.

But point taken. Horses for courses. Personally I think the current moon watch bracelet is what let’s the watch down. I guess if they can sort Out the protruding endlinks and fit an adjustable clasp then it might be a winner.
Stevec14 is offline   Reply With Quote