View Single Post
Old 6 April 2020, 04:37 AM   #5371
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVTCGuy View Post
This was very interesting. From what I understand, it reduces the amount of particles in the air, so an infected person expels less particles the virus is attached to, makes complete sense. The other point is that it keeps you from scratching your face, which I also accept. Your point about having the virus enter your system in a small number so the body can prepare a defense instead of being an onslaught also makes perfect sense; less particles with the virus enter so less virus enters. So a mask may help in the over-all solution, But...

The assumption that an individual person wearing a paper or cloth mask will filter out the virus and keep it from entering their body through inhalation of the nose or mouth is still wrong. That is my point.

Doctors? Scientists? I am at your beck and call for a flogging.
Please explain?

Do you mean 100% filtration ?

Not even N-95 or N-99 will do that.

You would have to wear a P100 to get 99.9% protection in a mask that is not mechanically ventilated in a closed loop return within sealed suit.

It's about reducing the odds.

PLUS: If you wear and mask and I wear a mask, we have a herd reduction in expelled virus, so there is less overall floating about.

It's not about YOU

It's not about ME

It's about US.

Everybody needs to cover their faceholes. Teamwork for the win.