View Single Post
Old 21 June 2019, 07:00 AM   #491
November
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmurphy View Post
Ridiculous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
is it? As I wrote my original post, and as I re-read, it seemed relatively logical to me; but than again that might just be my delusional mind playing tricks on me again.

My post was merely meant to give the OP a different perspective around how someone who values their money would view this situation. I made no claims in my post, but rather observations around an event that I've never seen in my 5 years obsessively observing this forum... outside of vintage forums at least.

I'm an owner of several rolex references, and despite owning and appreciating brands such as PP, AP, ALS and HMC, rolex is the group in my stable I couldn't live without. Why? because they're timeless, beautiful, machined with precision, but most of all because they're bulletproof. For that reason, this would not be OK with me. My rolex pieces are the only in my collection that I can strap on, carry-on and forget about. I would expect an issue like this from PP / AP (because of the traditional nature of these brands), but certainly not from rolex.

rmurphy - as a member who holds over 800 posts on this forum I would expect a more supportive opposition to my post. I apologize for having wasted your time and spamming this 16 page thread with my unqualified view.
November is offline   Reply With Quote