View Single Post
Old 27 September 2019, 02:05 PM   #18
TimeLord2
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT Master 1675/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by lahainabry View Post
Thanks for the information and I appreciate the kinds words about my Father. He was quite the man and defiantly will be missed. Do you think sending the Rolex, would be the best bet for service?
I send mine to Beverly Hills in Los Angelas CA.

Thanks again,

B
As someone who recently walked into the Rolex Service Center (in Beverly Hills) to ask about my vintage GMT Master 1675, I can definitely recommend that you do not, and I repeat do not, have it serviced there. They will replace literally everything on that watch, and I believe I am using that term correctly here. However, if you are in Newport you could make a day of it and take it to the Rolex place in Beverly Hills (on Wilshire Just east of Beverly) just for shits and giggles, (once you realize there will be nothing left of your original watch...) before you take it to the real experts at LA Watch Works. They know vintage watches, and will give you great advice on maintaining the original character of that gem. I took mine there for an evaluation and they were very knowledgable and very nice. If you do a search on this forum you will see some examples of their fine work. LAWW.
TimeLord2 is online now   Reply With Quote