View Single Post
Old 24 August 2019, 06:10 PM   #536
Fredette
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by benlee View Post
I am very happy to pick up my latest incoming. �� Its the new 2018 Omega Seamaster 300. Used to playing 2nd fiddle to Rolex's mighty Submariner but now no more, thanks to a revamp anti-magnetic in-house Co-axial movement, Metas approved accuracy performance, superbly polished hands and full ceramic bezel with a laser etched ceramic dial. And yes, the watch does lives up to the hype, and even better, at a lower price point. This is a dazzlingly handsome looking watch that is also very well made.

My watch collection hobby ( or addiction ) actually started with an Omega planet ocean as my first "serious" watch and five years late, comes full circle now the all new Omega Seamaster 300. Special mention about the new Omega box, with lacquered wood presentation, Rolex can learn a thing of two from it.

Sharing some pics below :

The 2018 new Omega Seamaster was first announced in Baselworld 2018 and only now the stocks are starting to filter down to ADs and Omega boutiques. I first heard about this watch while watching youtube videos and some bloggers and watch sites are recommending this watch enthusiastically. So I decided to see for myself. My ever helpful AD was kind enough to arrange all three popular choices of the SS 2018 Seamaster 300 model for me to choose, the blue dial which is the classic "Bond" Seamaster, the black dial which is the most versatile though a bit subdue of the three, and the silvery dial which was featured in the latest bond movie.

I end up picking the blue dial. I think it's the nicest of the bunch.

The packaging. Love this box. One of the nicest I have seen.

Some low light shots

Superb Lume [emoji106]

And some daylight shots

This blue ceramic dial truely pops like no other

Going for my morning exercise, just looks brilliant under the sun.

Seriously speaking, this is the probably the nicest Omega watch I have seen ( and owned ) till date. IMHO, and I hope nobody gets upset for me saying this, I think this latest Omega blows the Rolex Submariner out of the water, specs wise or value wise. Rolex still have the name and the value retention but I think one will be tongue tied to try to argue that the Submariner is the better watch against this Omega. It's certainly living up to the hype.
I'm getting a seamaster here in the next couple weeks. Thanks for the pics. I can't wait!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
Fredette is offline   Reply With Quote