View Single Post
Old 8 September 2019, 02:46 PM   #7
Journeyforce
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116000
I just got the "pricey" Omega NATO for my Seamaster AT 38.5

I figured for $160 plus tax that it was something I could try and see what it was about.

I first called the closest Boutique to me and asked and they said it was strap only and that the strap tool kit was a online only thing. I then called my Omega AD (where i got my Seamaster) and they said the same thing.

I ordered the strap from Omega online and i got the strap with 2 day shipping and it came with the strap tool kit which comes in a red Omega case and includes a nice Omega branded spring bar removing tool, a small Omega branded suede pad to lay your watch on when changing the strap. It also comes with a couple of sets of spring bars

The red case can be used to take a couple of watches on travel. What was pretty nice was that the red case came in a nice Omega branded white box.

Did I pay too much for a NATO strap? (considering that I could get a nice Maratac for under $30) Yes I did. Does it bother me? Nope, would I buy it again? Yes i would

The extra stuff that came with the strap when buying it from Omega online, made the strap seem cheaper priced to me (even though it is not). It comes with 4 springbars (I wanted Omega ones because the tips match the lug holes perfectly so no clicking) and Omega sells the spring bars for $4 each, so If I bought those spring bars from Omega online directly it would cost $16 for the bars + $10 shipping + taxes (which is about $28 total). The strap tool by itself is $15 plus tax (i would get the tool and the spring bars at the same time so no extra shipping)

Those items alone are about $43 shipped.
Journeyforce is offline   Reply With Quote