View Single Post
Old 29 August 2019, 11:57 PM   #25
77T
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beshannon View Post

Thanks Brian that helped.

I surmise that we have a division of opinion in both the closed thread and this new one we’re reading now,

On one side we have people who feel like “I’ll wear what I want” - and I respect that opinion. It sort of sounds like “you’re not the boss of me...”

For those people, look around and ask if you already have everything in life you need, want, and will ever want until you take the eternal celestial dirt nap. If so, congrats and more power to ya. If not, and if you aren’t CEO of your own life yet, maybe shift that opinion a tad. Perhaps away from the typical garden variety of always doing it “my way” and see if you gain more traction to get all the things in life you want.

For those on the other side, the ones who already know that context matters...and in business it matters a lot...then you have already learned to dress appropriately for the occasion. Both in your daily garb and your wristwear.

A clueful interviewer, potential partner, financier, customer, and many more can see through your banter and peel back a layer of your public persona by skillfully observing you, your mannerisms, your accoutrements and your surroundings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote