Thread: AP Closing ADs?
View Single Post
Old 22 May 2017, 01:11 PM   #21
APAP
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshAP View Post
AP have closed some ADs in the UK for sure, not selling enough watches is one reason but AP also frown on discounting so your AD might be next as you claim that it gives the best discounts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AP has special unit that tracks down discounts that AD's offer through various channels. They partner up with multiple intelligence agencies throughout the world fishing for data. They actually have deployed bots all over the internet to crawl for specific keywords including but not limited to:

Quote:

"I can get the 15407 for 25% off from my AD"
Quote:

Look for smaller AD's

Quote:

My AD was going to give me great that watch (15407) for a fantastic price

What the bot tries to do is now correlate the above posts by gathering so much information about the posters who claim to have been offered huge discounts that instead AP should've made the that wasted profits. If the bot fails, AP usually hires people in disguise to talk to those posters trying to identify who that AD is. They might also hire multiple ones for deception. They go as far as creating social media accounts for them and create them a life. They might even try to meet customers offered huge discounts in person and build a relationship with them hoping they'd get those ADs names. In certain circumstances, those undercover people are allowed to establish long term relationships with those posters, might even marry one, for the sake of identifying those AD's.

If all of the above fails, and is apparently the case with you jem7v: they have pushed the panic button. And they decided to shut down the AD's one by one, worldwide, sometimes even having special forces raid said AD's to inspect the inventory and cross check it with the models jem7v claimed that he got crazy discounts on, and then they decide to shut it down or not. They have one clear instruction from the head of the special forces (a member of the audemars family): don't stop until you shutdown that MF of an AD that offers that RTF member those discounts.

Now imagine what would happen if jem7v actually buys the watches at said discounts..
APAP is offline   Reply With Quote