View Single Post
Old 8 December 2016, 10:44 AM   #2
mg18
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710BLRO
Ok, so essentially you will want some form of luminor. Also, the "cut out" numbers and indices you mentioned is a sandwich dial in the panerai world, whereas a sausage dial means the numbers and indices are painted on.

If you are willing to go pre-owned, I would suggest that the pam 111 or 112 (i'm pretty sure they are very recently out of production) will be exactly what you are looking for. I started with a pam 111 myself and with all the strap options, I find that it steals a lot of wrist time from my subC. Honestly, the 111 scratched the panerai itch for me and I don't think I would ever want another one because i'm so happy with it.

If you want one of the more recent models, I would recommend the pam 510 which is basically a 111, except with the newer in house movement and different shaped numbers on the dial. Also the pam 560 is more or less a pam 112 with the updated in house movement and 8 days slapped on the dial.

Also, if you go 111 or 112, make sure it's recent enough to have the sandwich dial, because they used to make them with the sausage dial 10 years or so ago.

Let me know if I can help!
mg18 is offline   Reply With Quote